Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #1
coolraving

AKaholic #: 197178
Default K-Var, bad experience...

So recently I had to scratch my Bulgy 74 kit itch and bid/won K-Var parts kit auction on GB.

By the time I got the package, it was missing all the parts but the stock came to me.

I called and explained to K-Var and they said they would look into it.

Never heard back so I called back a week later to give them a benefit of doubt.

The explanation is they are still searching for the answer.

Next day I got a call saying they "found" the parts kit under the conveyor in their warehouse and able to ship it to me.

so a few days later, UPS came and I opened it.

It was different parts kit!
More rust, different their inventory/ID number on the package.
Not matching what they have listed pictures on GB.

Am I dealing with a company that isn't honorable?
coolraving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:46 PM   #2
dan326
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 169937

Lmfao! Sorry OP! That is some mother fucking bullshit!
"I don't know where it is!"

"I dont know!"

"Dont know!"

"Send him this bullshit kit instead!"
dan326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:53 PM   #3
wolf762

AKaholic #: 193313

Damn those kvar warehouse stories must be true after all . When is Old Ned the janitor going to come across that pallet of 107FRs that they got in last year ?

Just call them up and explain you didn’t get what you ordered twice . Have them issue you a return label too . It more than likely won’t be a issue . If somehow magically it is then you can have GB step in .

Call Kvar tomorrow.

When dealing with businesses it’s always good to write down the name of the person your in contact with . That way you can speak to them every time and they have more merit in the issue than talking to a different person every time .
Quote:
Originally Posted by love my ak47 View Post
Dude you look at your Arsenal rifle wrong and it voids the Warranty
wolf762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:06 PM   #4
coolraving

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan326 View Post
Lmfao! Sorry OP! That is some mother fucking bullshit!
"I don't know where it is!"

"I dont know!"

"Dont know!"

"Send him this bullshit kit instead!"
pretty much!
Old 01-02-2019, 11:07 PM   #5
coolraving

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf762 View Post
Damn those kvar warehouse stories must be true after all . When is Old Ned the janitor going to come across that pallet of 107FRs that they got in last year ?

Just call them up and explain you didnít get what you ordered twice . Have them issue you a return label too . It more than likely wonít be a issue . If somehow magically it is then you can have GB step in .

Call Kvar tomorrow.

When dealing with businesses itís always good to write down the name of the person your in contact with . That way you can speak to them every time and they have more merit in the issue than talking to a different person every time .
yes, I think I should call them tomorrow. Matter fact I will send the email to the person who I spoke to twice now. I have a bad feeling!
Old 01-02-2019, 11:08 PM   #6
Maadi

AKaholic #: 193622

All I know is I asked them what size drill bit I needed to drill the virgin FSB/GB that I paid them about $125 for, and their answer was “take it to a ‘qualified’ gunsmith”. What a dickhead.
Maadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:11 PM   #7
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maadi View Post
All I know is I asked them what size drill bit I needed to drill the virgin FSB/GB that I paid them about $125 for, and their answer was “take it to a ‘qualified’ gunsmith”. What a dickhead.
A dickhead may be involved, but I don't think it's who you think . . .

You buy a car from a dealership & call the sales guy up later asking a mechanical question about the car, and he's gonna tell you the same thing: "take it to a mechanic".
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:13 PM   #8
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

AKaholic #: 159575

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolraving View Post
So recently I had to scratch my Bulgy 74 kit itch and bid/won K-Var parts kit auction on GB.

By the time I got the package, it was missing all the parts but the stock came to me.

I called and explained to K-Var and they said they would look into it.

Never heard back so I called back a week later to give them a benefit of doubt.

The explanation is they are still searching for the answer.

Next day I got a call saying they "found" the parts kit under the conveyor in their warehouse and able to ship it to me.

so a few days later, UPS came and I opened it.

It was different parts kit!
More rust, different their inventory/ID number on the package.
Not matching what they have listed pictures on GB.

Am I dealing with a company that isn't honorable?
I’m sorry to hear what happen. PM KrinkCliff here. He’s the manager at K-VAR. He took over Robert Keller’s position.

Hope things work out and you get the correct parts kit as advertised. Keep us posted!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:19 PM   #9
daefash

AKaholic #: 172148

I stopped buying their products after they screwed me on the barrels ordeal couple of years ago. I had to return unusable 0 journal barrels and the krink barrels that didn't look factory cut. They charged me restocking fee and i lost hundreds of dollars. I will never buy their products again regardless if it was through them or through their dealers.
daefash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:32 PM   #10
Maadi

AKaholic #: 193622

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post

You buy a car from a dealership & call the sales guy up later asking a mechanical question about the car, and he's gonna tell you the same thing: "take it to a mechanic".
Except your analogy is wrong. Car dealers donít necessarily sell parts, part shops do. And part shops provide more than basic support in most cases. In this analogy KVar is selling parts, so they are the parts shop, and should expect to answer some basic questions, oróin the case of the OPóat least know what parts they are dealing with.
Maadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:33 PM   #11
Lopojo
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 158922

Kvar sent my parts to my dealer once. Not sure why that happened? It while to track down my parts.
Lopojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #12
wolf762

Quote:
yes, I think I should call them tomorrow. Matter fact I will send the email to the person who I spoke to twice now. I have a bad feeling!
Donít have a bad feeling man . Itís Kvar not Dishonest Dan that you won the auction off of .
Quote:
Old 01-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #13
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 5035

Quote:
Except your analogy is wrong. Car dealers don’t necessarily sell parts, part shops do. And part shops provide more than basic support in most cases. In this analogy KVar is selling parts, so they are the parts shop, and should expect to answer some basic questions, or—in the case of the OP—at least know what parts they are dealing with.
I agree with Nalioth.
Virtually every new car dealership sells parts.
Sales is very remote from the parts department as well as the customer service department.
Those folks are not AK build technicians.

Technical questions are best researched on the www on sites like this one.
Resource members like Robert Forbus and others are reliable and knowlegeable.
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #14
coolraving

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Iím sorry to hear what happen. PM KrinkCliff here. Heís the manager at K-VAR. He took over Robert Kellerís position.

Hope things work out and you get the correct parts kit as advertised. Keep us posted!
Thanks Art
Old 01-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #15
SuperTacOperator44
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 177348

Not sure how GB works, but if you win a bid/auction and don't receive what you where promised, isn't that were you should bring up the issue first ?
Either ship the right item within a very fast time frame, issue a full refund or GB steps in on your behalf right ? Something like that ?
By going outside those channels for whatever reason, it seems that maybe you left yourself open to getting bent didn't you ?

But again, this is just the opinion of somebody who doesn't use GB at all. Maybe I'm wrong on how that site works. Best of luck with all that though OP.
Hope Kvar decides to care. Something tells me they would probably care a little more if it interfered with their GB rating though, as much as they sell on there.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #16
MIG*7.62
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 192572

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalioth View Post

Lol, NAILED it!
MIG*7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #17
MIG*7.62
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 192572

Quote:
Except your analogy is wrong. Car dealers donít necessarily sell parts, part shops do. And part shops provide more than basic support in most cases. In this analogy KVar is selling parts, so they are the parts shop, and should expect to answer some basic questions, oróin the case of the OPóat least know what parts they are dealing with.
If I go to autozone and buy a part...

I already know how to install it
MIG*7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #18
coolraving

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTacOperator44 View Post
Not sure how GB works, but if you win a bid/auction and don't receive what you where promised, isn't that were you should bring up the issue first ?
Either ship the right item within a very fast time frame, issue a full refund or GB steps in on your behalf right ? Something like that ?
By going outside those channels for whatever reason, it seems that maybe you left yourself open to getting bent didn't you ?

But again, this is just the opinion of somebody who doesn't use GB at all. Maybe I'm wrong on how that site works. Best of luck with all that though OP.
Hope Kvar decides to care. Something tells me they would probably care a little more if it interfered with their GB rating though, as much as they sell on there.
I get it but wasn't sure if this is one time thing or some kind of trend of them
Old 01-03-2019, 12:09 PM   #19
slapshut
MAG WHORE

AKaholic #: 165205

I wonder what else they found under the conveyor?
There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge....

Twilight Zone Season 1 (1959Ė60)
slapshut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:44 PM   #20
mishaco
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 190226

Robert Keller? lol
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:50 PM   #21
mishaco
Curio & Relic

OK ok, couldn't resist.

When i heard the kit you bought was under that machine, first thing that poppped into my mind was "condition?"

Its possible you wouldn't want the kit you actually bought. It might be in pretty rough shape now.
Just a thought.

Its still their job to 'make it right' but doesn't sound like any active dishonesty was going on. Just a very busy warehouse setting around the holidays. Between Thanks Giving and New Years, shipping areas are usually utter insanity.
Every Christmas, I myself usually fuck up at least one order. When you are dealing with so many orders, so many people, and so many packages all within a short time period, errors are bound to happen.
And i hate to tell you this, but every single human on this planet fucks up...probably more often than they would want to cop to lol.

Over December, my wife had 4 Amazon packages go missing, and I had 2 guns disappear (luckily found eventually).

As to asking what size bit to use? Come-on, get real.
A. that sales person definitely doesn't know
and
B. virtually no gun store will give gunsmithing advice like that because of legal liability.

'Take it to a gunsmith' is the canned answer because gunsmiths are trained and have insurance for just those situations.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #22
GataGunna

AKaholic #: 185814

Speaking of things in Las Vegas, has anyone dealt with Arsenal Inc's warranty department? How long does it take to get a return authorization after you email them pictures of your jacked up rifle?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:18 PM   #23
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
Robert Keller? lol
You remember!
Old 01-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #24
mishaco
Curio & Relic

Sure, I've been through many, many salesreps over there....including Robert. I always did think his 'leaving' was sudden and suspicious lol j/k
Old 01-04-2019, 07:15 AM   #25
Siege

AKaholic #: 195612

Quote:
Originally Posted by GataGunna View Post
Speaking of things in Las Vegas, has anyone dealt with Arsenal Inc's warranty department? How long does it take to get a return authorization after you email them pictures of your jacked up rifle?

I have dealt with them. Spoke with a girl named Jennifer at Arsenal. Dont get your hopes up. Took them about a week and a half to get me an RMA. This is after they forgot about me twice, then told me that my pistol was not under warranty (when it really was). They said the rear sight base was suppose to be loose. They informed me that I had to buy an Arsenal sight tool to adjust Arsenal rifle sights and my trigger just needed breaking in.

Then I discovered that it is Arsenals policy to not pay for shipping. According to Arsenal, it is your responsibility to pay to ship their junk back to them regardless if they are responsible for the junk or not. I found this policy to be BS. It was going to be $145 to overnight an 10lb sam7k to Vegas. $1300 for a SAM7K that has a rear site that is not only crooked, but on so loose that it cannot be zeroed (rivets werent flattened enough against the top cover), a nonfunctioning trigger, and a front sight post that is so frozen that it breaks 2 sight tools and damages a third.

I have bought FIVE AK rifles since then....none of them are Arsenal. I have heard that KVAR is the same people, so I am not sure if they will blow the same smoke. I wish you luck OP.

Last edited by Siege; 01-04-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: ETA INFO
Siege is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #26
coolraving

KVAR reached out and said will take back what they sent and send me a better one.
I am not sure if they are sending what I bid on or something similar. Still not clear about it.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #27
Barth
Likes Suchkas

AKaholic #: 168359
Default Arsenal of NV

Bought a NIB SLR-106U that would not feed JHPs.
Called Arsenal for warranty service.
Was told they would fix it and got RMA.
Did have to pay for shipping to them.
But about two weeks later got a spanking new replacement gun that runs perfectly.

I'm a happy camper

Last edited by Barth; 01-04-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:39 PM   #28
dan187
Ummm Hi?

AKaholic #: 174464

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG*7.62 View Post
If I go to autozone and buy a part...

I already know how to install it
This. I worked at OíReilly (it was Schucks when I did), and the employees are not trained in installing shit. Most know about cars only if it is their hobby.
dan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #29
GataGunna

AKaholic #: 185814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
I have dealt with them. Spoke with a girl named Jennifer at Arsenal. Dont get your hopes up. Took them about a week and a half to get me an RMA. This is after they forgot about me twice, then told me that my pistol was not under warranty (when it really was). They said the rear sight base was suppose to be loose. They informed me that I had to buy an Arsenal sight tool to adjust Arsenal rifle sights and my trigger just needed breaking in.

Then I discovered that it is Arsenals policy to not pay for shipping. According to Arsenal, it is your responsibility to pay to ship their junk back to them regardless if they are responsible for the junk or not. I found this policy to be BS. It was going to be $145 to overnight an 10lb sam7k to Vegas. $1300 for a SAM7K that has a rear site that is not only crooked, but on so loose that it cannot be zeroed (rivets werent flattened enough against the top cover), a nonfunctioning trigger, and a front sight post that is so frozen that it breaks 2 sight tools and damages a third.

I have bought FIVE AK rifles since then....none of them are Arsenal. I have heard that KVAR is the same people, so I am not sure if they will blow the same smoke. I wish you luck OP.
Well sir, you warned me. I'm dealing with the same shit now. Left two voicemails, talked to some dude, sent emails...no response.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:01 PM   #30
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GataGunna View Post
Well sir, you warned me. I'm dealing with the same shit now. Left two voicemails, talked to some dude, sent emails...no response.
Which Arsenal rifle are you having problems with? Are currently in contact with Arsenal or K-VAR?
Old 01-12-2019, 11:17 AM   #31
coolraving

so finally got the newer and somewhat similar to the item described as on the auction came back to me after I sent back the parts kit different than advertised.

KVAR asked my t shirts size and said would throw in some cool patches to make it right.

Did not see those and perhaps forgotten again.

Just can't understand what the issue is with them.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #32
dtownmj

AKaholic #: 182634

ridiculous. If they had good customer service, they would offer to reimburse the return shipping if it is found to be their fault (up to $35 for a rifle)
dtownmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #33
wolf762

Quote:
so finally got the newer and somewhat similar to the item described as on the auction came back to me after I sent back the parts kit different than advertised.

KVAR asked my t shirts size and said would throw in some cool patches to make it right.

Did not see those and perhaps forgotten again.

Just can't understand what the issue is with them.

Well it’s moving in a postive direction . Why don’t you PM KrinkCliff and have him follow up .
Quote:
Old 01-12-2019, 12:12 PM   #34
coolraving

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf762 View Post
Well itís moving in a postive direction . Why donít you PM KrinkCliff and have him follow up .
Although I understand where you are coming from, why is it customers obligation to follow up with the vendor every step they mess up?

they have made errors from

- Not sending what was ordered
- Had to call them and reminded it was not shipped with rest of the orders
- Did not get a call back from them as promised so I had to call back a week later.
- They said it was their fault and missed from their conveyor in the warehouse
- They asked they would send the T-shirts and patches to make it right
- I sent back the initial parts kit back to them
- Now I received the parts kit minus "making it right" swags.

So I need to call back again to remind them they are doing this wrong every step?

T-shirts and patches aren't important to me as much as they show effort to make at least one thing right. Total disaster in my opinion.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #35
wolf762

Quote:
Although I understand where you are coming from, why is it customers obligation to follow up with the vendor every step they mess up?

they have made errors from

- Not sending what was ordered
- Had to call them and reminded it was not shipped with rest of the orders
- Did not get a call back from them as promised so I had to call back a week later.
- They said it was their fault and missed from their conveyor in the warehouse
- They asked they would send the T-shirts and patches to make it right
- I sent back the initial parts kit back to them
- Now I received the parts kit minus "making it right" swags.

So I need to call back again to remind them they are doing this wrong every step?

T-shirts and patches aren't important to me as much as they show effort to make at least one thing right. Total disaster in my opinion.

I get you . Kvar is slipping hard in your situation. One the guns i bought from them was incorrectly shipped to the FFLs mailing address and not the premise address . It was in la la land for about 5 hours but once I contacted Nathan at kvar he called ups and had it fixed in 30 min .

Other then never filling any back orders Iíve had their ďOkĒ
Quote: