Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AR15 / AR10

Notices

Old 12-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #36
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 167813

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Nice. Yeah it is a great deal. You hardly ever see LMT stuff on sale, and not a crazy sale like this where you are getting a $1200 upper for $520. You did well.

The LaRue still will be there still if you still want to add one of his uppers + lowers to your collection.

The LMT stuff could be contract over-runs but I have heard the theory/rumor that LMT didn't want to move all of their excess inventory from IL across the river to their new place in IA. So they sold it off to Brownells instead. Not sure if there is any merit to that rumor or not.
Well, as soon as my order was shipped I checked Brownells again and they’re now no longer available for purchase. Now I can say I have two Kiwis. I'm not really concerned if it will do .5 MOA, just wanted a tier-one upper that is battle proven / tested. Larue deal is fantastic for those that care about that.

Last edited by Sweet5ltr; 12-14-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Sweet5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #37
PearlWhiteGT

AKaholic #: 186378

I own a LMT MWS 308 that I use as my main hunting rig and it's a tack driver out of the box. It's a bit heavy with the optic and bi-pod but it's built like a tank. One of my best shooting rifles that I own.
PearlWhiteGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #38
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet5ltr View Post
Well, as soon as my order was shipped I checked Brownells again and theyíre now no longer available for purchase. Now I can say I have two Kiwis. I'm not really concerned if it will do .5 MOA, just wanted a tier-one upper that is battle proven / tested. Larue deal is fantastic for those that care about that.
All good things come to an end. Happy you were able to get one.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:04 PM   #39
Sabre5G
The Mouth of Sauron

AKaholic #: 181719

I will say this about LMT, even though AR-15ís suck, LMT makes one hell of a nice rifle. Might as well just call it the Common Wealth Carbine.

Letís see if LMT can innovate shit and pick up where Colt left off. So far, SIG and Colt took a step backwards, while CZ, and LMT have taken several steps forward and are catching up to HK and FN.

Zenith Z5RS MP5, PTR91 GIR, PTR91 K3P PDW, SLR104FR, VEPR 545 20.5, VEPR 762 20.5, 91/30, WASR 10, O PAP, M92, M70AB2, PSA AR15 Mid Length, SIG P320, G19, VP9, SIG P226R .40

Sabre5G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #40
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

Surprised the AR world hasn't imploded after seeing these pictures of the New Zealand military not utilizing a BUIS system with their Kiwi's. By the way, this is the Chief of Army for New Zealand.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #41
burninglegs

Quote:
Surprised the AR world hasn't imploded after seeing these pictures of the New Zealand military not utilizing a BUIS system with their Kiwi's.
They spent all their spare cash on LMT ARs. They don't have any money left over for BUIS this month. Maybe next month once their credit card can recover.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #42
mullicrk
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 169520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponmark View Post
I wonder what will happen to all those soon to be replaced Galil accessories....
Well I can only wish they were in my stash
Old 12-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #43
AkEnabler

AKaholic #: 187446

Anyone jump on any of the LMT Christmas deals yet? I was up at 3AM to order a MLR chassis. Crazy I know but they were sold out by late morning. Got a 14.5" MRP barrel getting pinned, can't wait to get to get that MLR.
AkEnabler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #44
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkEnabler View Post
Anyone jump on any of the LMT Christmas deals yet? I was up at 3AM to order a MLR chassis. Crazy I know but they were sold out by late morning. Got a 14.5" MRP barrel getting pinned, can't wait to get to get that MLR.
Yes I did. I stayed up for the deal to go live at 1AM Eastern. Wouldn't risk not getting a MLR for almost 50% off.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #45
AkEnabler

Got my MLR tonight, disappointed, cant believe this thing made it out the door...The machining of the m-lok slots look horrible, the ano is spotty and uneven, and the worst part is none of my 4 mrp barrels will fit due to an interference in the slot for the barrel crossbolt. Can't figure out how you fuck that up.

Have 3 MRP's that are fine quality. I'll be calling customer service tomorrow. Legs, did you get yours yet?
Old 01-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #46
burninglegs

Quote:
Got my MLR tonight, disappointed, cant believe this thing made it out the door...The machining of the m-lok slots look horrible, the ano is spotty and uneven, and the worst part is none of my 4 mrp barrels will fit due to an interference in the slot for the barrel crossbolt. Can't figure out how you fuck that up.

Have 3 MRP's that are fine quality. I'll be calling customer service tomorrow. Legs, did you get yours yet?
No I haven't received mine yet. Probably tomorrow is my guess. Strange that yours is like that. Have any pictures to post?
Old 01-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #47
AkEnabler

This pic shows when I could not get the barrel notch to align with the receiver hole and was pissed, going to send it to LMT. Well dug into it more tonight and there was a big black crusty mass impeding the barrel from moving back any further. It was at the wall in the receiver where the barrel extension meets up. Picked at that and got it out, now the barrel will go in. I'm guessing some kind of residue from ano or dry film process. As far as the machining of the mlok slots it's rough for what I'd expect from an $850 piece. It looks like they may have milled out more of a pocket on the back side of the slot to fix the complaints of accessories having to be removed for barrel changes. That is what looks like was done by a dull bit, there is a lot of chatter. The ano is not as even as my other mrp's and has a section that gets a little purple but... decided I'm going to live with now that I got my barrel in. Let me know how yours came in.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:38 PM   #48
burninglegs

Quote:
This pic shows when I could not get the barrel notch to align with the receiver hole and was pissed, going to send it to LMT. Well dug into it more tonight and there was a big black crusty mass impeding the barrel from moving back any further. It was at the wall in the receiver where the barrel extension meets up. Picked at that and got it out, now the barrel will go in. I'm guessing some kind of residue from ano or dry film process. As far as the machining of the mlok slots it's rough for what I'd expect from an $850 piece. It looks like they may have milled out more of a pocket on the back side of the slot to fix the complaints of accessories having to be removed for barrel changes. That is what looks like was done by a dull bit, there is a lot of chatter. The ano is not as even as my other mrp's and has a section that gets a little purple but... decided I'm going to live with now that I got my barrel in. Let me know how yours came in.

Like I suspected, mine arrived today. Thing is spotless. It really feels much nicer in the hands than the quadrail version that I currently own two of. Probably need to sell one of them off. This thing is perfect as a rail/upper.

If you aren't happy with yours due to "the machining of the m-lok slots look horrible, the ano is spotty and uneven," talk to LMT. They will take care of you. My MLOK machining looks perfect and the anodizing as well. Mine is GTG.

All three of my MRP barrels slip in and out and tighten down without issue.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:50 AM   #49
paulgvb

AKaholic #: 172537

Quote:
Yes I did. I stayed up for the deal to go live at 1AM Eastern. Wouldn't risk not getting a MLR for almost 50% off.
How much did you pay for the mlr upper during their sale?

Last edited by paulgvb; 01-05-2019 at 06:58 AM.
paulgvb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:23 AM   #50
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgvb View Post
How much did you pay for the mlr upper during their sale?
$449. Normally they are $849.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #51
paulgvb

Quote:
$449. Normally they are $849.
Wow. Thatís a great deal. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:20 PM   #52
burninglegs

Some LMT MRP pictures posted by Ferro Concepts.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:36 PM   #53
paulgvb

Awesome pics
Old 01-11-2019, 02:11 PM   #54
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

WHO MANUFACTURES THAT ACOG COVER???

Last edited by Sweet5ltr; 01-11-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #55
burninglegs

Quote:

WHO MANUFACTURES THAT ACOG COVER???
Good question, haven't seen that before. No idea. Almost looks like a suppressor cover of sorts but specific for the ACOG.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:02 AM   #56
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 90

Eh, I think the Houston Police department is like 3x to 5x bigger than the Estonian armed forces.
VALMET_M76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #57
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET_M76 View Post
Eh, I think the Houston Police department is like 3x to 5x bigger than the Estonian armed forces.
Meh, I'm sure the donut munchers in Houston sure do some serious training and push their equipment really hard. Shooting a mag through your patrol rifle once a year doesn't count.

Don't forget the British Ministry of Defense (including SAS units), British metropolitan police (London), NZ Defense Force (Army, Navy, Air Force).

Thanks for popping your head in.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #58
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 90

Yeah well the point is that the OP is a minor story about a bit player in a tragicomedy.

I mean really, who cares what a 6500 man "ARMY" does?
VALMET_M76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:39 PM   #59
Il Cattivo
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 180088

The NATO troops that 6500 man army is buying time for.
Il Cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #60
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET_M76 View Post
Yeah well the point is that the OP is a minor story about a bit player in a tragicomedy.

I mean really, who cares what a 6500 man "ARMY" does?
This isn't a minor story. If it was, Sig, H&K, Beretta/Sako, Radom and other large companies on the world small arms stage wouldn't have submitted examples for the trials.

But it was a small company from IL, USA (now in IA) that kicked H&K's, Beretta's and Sig's butt. Maybe stealing a small lunch from them, but a contract nonetheless. You know, the one's that H&K and Sig keep loosing to other companies. A contract that H&K would love to win since they are still hemorrhaging money and are only still in business because the German government props them up as H&K can't seem to win any of these new contracts as of late.

This should be applauded that an American company got a contract for 16,000 rifles on top of two other big military contracts LMT has recently gotten. $59 million contract from New Zealand, $25 million contract from Estonia, $30 million UK contract. $114 million for a small widwest company that has less than 150 employees (128 to be exact with plans to hire 50 more by 2020). And you are complaining that it is a small army as if that has any kind of impact whatsoever on this contract making money for an American company or has any impact on how great of an AR the LMT is? lol I guess guys like you will pick whatever they can to start an argument.

So what is your favorite AR manufacturer (not assembler)?
Old 01-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #61
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

Well, the LMT MRP platform that is often called, ‘outdated’ - ‘heavy’ - ‘unnecessary’ competed against every major rifle manufacture in the industry; CZ, Colt Canada, H&K, Steyr, Beretta, & Sig Sauer.

I don’t really see a point if New Zealand & Estonia only required ‘one’ rifle, the test results are fairly clear. These countries purchased the rifle platform that met or exceeded their standards, which was the LMT.

By the way, there is only a few ounce difference between the LMT M-LOK & MIL-1913 chassis.

Last edited by Sweet5ltr; 01-12-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:49 AM   #62
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

Don't know who wrote that news story....LMAO

Double the range of the steyr rifle which was criticized for not packing enough punch WTF? Unless they were speaking of another caliber because the vids showed LMT 5.56 guns.

Wanted a reliable rifle, the steyr was recalled when it first came out? All rifles have growing pains.

I guess the news felt the need to trash Augs to justify another 5.56 purchase into an AR platform....
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #63
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOROLANUT View Post

Double the range of the steyr rifle which was criticized for not packing enough punch WTF? Unless they were speaking of another caliber because the vids showed LMT 5.56 guns.

Wanted a reliable rifle, the steyr was recalled when it first came out? All rifles have growing pains.

I guess the news felt the need to trash Augs to justify another 5.56 purchase into an AR platform....
New Zealand Defence Force also has a contract with Lewis Machine and Tool for the LMT MARS-H 308 MWS.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #64
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

Quote:
New Zealand Defence Force also has a contract with Lewis Machine and Tool for the LMT MARS-H 308 MWS.
Wish the news would get their editing right then. LMT builds some nice rifles and it is a more flexible platform.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #65
Aceshigh
Lord Dingus

AKaholic #: 5008

Just saw the statement that they moved from IL and went looking......
Quote:
The company was founded in 1980 to provide weapons, components and modular weapon systems to the U.S. military, law enforcement and other government agencies. But it also sells weapons to foreign military services and commercial retailers in about 40 countries.

"We supply rifles to several NATO companies," Jestel said. He added that the global expansion began in in 2009 with a contract with the British military. "But it has really taken off in the last three years."
https://qctimes.com/business/lewis-m...0ea77a37d.html
I did not know they were based out of IL and relocated outside of IL recently (Bravo)
I also did not know they have been in business since 1980 with the purpose of selling to nations abroad Govt & LE agencies

That means they have been in business for nearly 1/2 a century and mostly unheard of til recently (past few years)
Then again I never heard of Rguns whom is also a DoD contractor until I moved near them.

Either way, it's a good thing to see 50 years of business, and big contracts for a US Company, as well as the vacate from Demo-NaziStan Illinois.
Until Rock River Arms & Springfield Armory vacate IL they're on my perma-boycott list for turning against citizens rights and FFL dealers.
Glad to see LMT succeeding either way.

Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #66
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

Quote:

Just an assumption, the new rifle program utilizes 77gr. Mk 262 OTM ammunition & 4x32 ACOG with NZ reticle. MARS-L is also shipped with a two-stage trigger. Yes, itís safe to say theyíve doubled their engagement distance with this platform.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:15 PM   #67
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Just an assumption, the new rifle program utilizes 77gr. Mk 262 OTM ammunition & 4x32 ACOG with NZ reticle. MARS-L is also shipped with a two-stage trigger. Yes, itís safe to say theyíve doubled their engagement distance with this platform.
I wonder if Pmag got a contract as well?
Old 01-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #68
burninglegs

Quote:
Wish the news would get their editing right then. LMT builds some nice rifles and it is a more flexible platform.
It is MSM NZ telecast. Can't expect them to get the details right when they aren't experts on guns. They probably took whatever the NZ military PR person told them and whoever at the news put that segment together probably got confused with either what they saw on their visit to the military or were told second hand.

But yes, NZ uses both the 5.56 and 7.62NATO platforms from LMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
Just saw the statement that they moved from IL and went looking......

I did not know they were based out of IL and relocated outside of IL recently (Bravo)
I also did not know they have been in business since 1980 with the purpose of selling to nations abroad Govt & LE agencies

That means they have been in business for nearly 1/2 a century and mostly unheard of til recently (past few years)

Then again I never heard of Rguns whom is also a DoD contractor until I moved near them.

Either way, it's a good thing to see 50 years of business, and big contracts for a US Company, as well as the vacate from Demo-NaziStan Illinois.
Until Rock River Arms & Springfield Armory vacate IL they're on my perma-boycott list for turning against citizens rights and FFL dealers.
Glad to see LMT succeeding either way.
Both LMT and KAC are two of the older AR companies (both from early 1980s) in the USA with extensive military and LE contracts. Other old ones are Bushmaster, DPMS, Colt (obviously) and a few others. LMT released the MRP way back in 2004 at Shot Show. So they have been around with high end stuff for quite some time. 15 years ago MRP was released, and it is still relevant today in 2019 with their MLOK versions. Good stuff.

Part of the reason you might have considered them "unheard of" is if you are a price point only shopper as they are not entry level ARs and rather are top tier. Lots of gun guys only focus on PSA or other brands as they are price point based shoppers. Rather spend $400-500 on a PSA and get several in different lengths and furniture, than get one really nice high end AR. With the recent LMT sale at Brownells that I posted about a few times on the Files, members here had the chance to get a $2500 factory built LMT MRP AR for around $1300-1500 or so depending what brands you wanted for the missing parts. $520 for barreled upper + had to buy a BCG, CH, iron sights (if needed), and then a complete LMT lower (~$640). Lots of ways to get high end AR setups like the LMT in an economical way if you know how to shop.

LMT has always been a high end and known entity in the AR world. They are a machine shop first after all. Watch Chris Bartocci's videos if you want to know more about LMT and their history.

Quote:
Just an assumption, the new rifle program utilizes 77gr. Mk 262 OTM ammunition & 4x32 ACOG with NZ reticle. MARS-L is also shipped with a two-stage trigger. Yes, it’s safe to say they’ve doubled their engagement distance with this platform.
That is another good point if the telecaster was referring to the MARS-L with that statement and not the MARS-H that they also use. The newer Mk262 with a modern optic definitely would extend their combat effectiveness compared to their old setup.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:47 PM   #69
Aceshigh
Lord Dingus

AKaholic #: 5008

Quote:
Part of the reason you might have considered them "unheard of" is if you are a price point only shopper as they are not entry level ARs and rather are top tier.
Negative on that funny attempt.

They are not a commonly known name prior to the 2000's, most recently.

I've been in the AR scene 15 years longer then PSA's been in business (2008), which made that funny.

Even my elders at the Gun club range haven't heard of them......and we're all in Illinois

Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote