Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > General Rifle Discussion

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #36
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

AKaholic #: 173428
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankboy View Post
I bet from now on that guy thoroughly checks a firearm before accepting it for x-fer.

Always inspect your firearm before accepting it.

Now back to OP. Buds was known to do this back when CTD jacked their prices sky high. Everyone swore off CTD, but it never gained traction in the news of the day that Buds had pulled all their inventory and was auctioning it off to the highest bidder on GB. If you ask me, this is worse than what CTD did because they tried to conceal it.

Personally, my wallet has no moral compass. If I am shopping a gun and CTD or Buds beats everyone on price, then I buy from the lowest bidder. I can barely afford the toys much less making a paid political statement to go along with them.
rbox1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #37
John A.
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 178172

My moral compass doesn't point toward companies that I know are crappy. I skip right over the search results and don't open their links.

Really simple and easy.
John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #38
Renov8
Pax Americana-Invicta

AKaholic #: 122038

I don't understand why people are willing to work with shitty outfits like this one, when there are plenty of good ones out there.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"
JFK

"As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."
Renov8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #39
NMGuy
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 182584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolon Labe View Post
I can personally attest to this, twice actually. I had a Ruger Blackhawk show up in used condition. It wasn’t heavily used, but it clearly had a few rounds down the pipe and the moving parts were showing wear from general handling. I still accepted the transfer, because truth be told... it was still a good deal in the condition it was received. I have also refused a transfer from them. I once ordered a Heritage arms revolver with the interchangeable 22 lr/mag cylinders. It came without the mag cylinder and also in clearly used condition. This time I refused it. The shop owner told me he wouldn’t be accepting any more orders from Buds. Apparently he’s had other issues with them, but didn’t get into the particulars. Buds response was that the guns are test fired at the factory. That doesn’t explain why my (supposedly brand new) gun looks like some shitbag was fanning the action while playing gunslanger in the mirror for a few weeks before putting back out for sale.
I think manufacturers fire no more than 10 rounds and in most cases, less. So it shouldn’t show much if any wear.

I’ve never had any issues with anything I’ve gotten from buds. My LWRC has some light scratches on the handguard, but for what I paid that was more than acceptable. I got an iC SPR for $1800. Looked unforced inside.

Got my Browning Maxus Ultimate there, a 629 4”, an 11-87 20ga, and a H&K USP. Everything was perfect. Shipped quick, etc...

Although I’ve heard of many shops not taking their transfers due to rejections and such. So I 100% believe your story. Just hasn’t been the case in my limited dealings with them...

There are better places to buy! My local dealers have all the same prices, I just have to pay sales tax which can suck on $2k items! But such is the American thing to do!!!
NMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #40
timmy59

AKaholic #: 178435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
Why exactly do people use Bud's in 2018? MUCH better options out there!!!
I've heard tell of this happening more than once but it's not occurred to me.... I use Buds because of the easy and free layaway.. A 90 layaway is valuable for those who don't knock down big bucks.. Who else has 90 day layaways with as large a selection ?
timmy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #41
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

Buds charges CC fee, so they are automatically shit and advertise cash prices to get clicks. They also manipulate pricing depending on clicks, so they'll list a fake cash price to generate clicks and when it's spread by others or searched for online the price on the domain will be higher.

Basically they are scum. FFL's around here actually will charge more for transfers from Buds they are so bad hah.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #42
s10nova

AKaholic #: 163662

I put a gun on layaway at their Uncle Lee's Store(they bought them out when they closed) ...when I went to pay it off and pick up they had signs around the store that said certain things couldn't be put on layaway..or it was at their discretion or something similar....
To me it said..".hey if we see we messed up and priced it too low and could get more money out of someone else...we.will"...before I talked to someone I wondered if I was going to have a Buds Gunshop horror story but I paid it off and everything went off without a hitch...

It's a shame the place does these stupid things but unless people really stop buying from them it won't stop....
And if theirs one horror story to every 25 transactions....then that's 24 more people that will probably go back and then tell their friends they are GTG.....
s10nova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #43
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 169733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
Buds charges CC fee, so they are automatically shit and advertise cash prices to get clicks. They also manipulate pricing depending on clicks, so they'll list a fake cash price to generate clicks and when it's spread by others or searched for online the price on the domain will be higher.

Basically they are scum. FFL's around here actually will charge more for transfers from Buds they are so bad hah.
Every vendor is charging you CC fees. Most of them simply charge CC fees for all customers whether they pay with a card or not.

Buds does people a service by giving the option to NOT pay a CC fee...and you criticize them for it?
Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #44
Str8liner
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 174699

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post
My moral compass doesn't point toward companies that I know are crappy. I skip right over the search results and don't open their links.

Really simple and easy.
Same with me I skip right over any Duds links that show up when searching for deals.
Str8liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #45
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8liner View Post
Same with me I skip right over any Duds links that show up when searching for deals.
And miss most of the "deals" in the skip.

Last fall I ordered a Beretta 9mm from CTD for $399 that I've never seen for less than $500 (currently $540). That's a pistol that I wouldn't own today if I had skipped over them because they charged you (or someone else, cause I didn't pay their high prices) a couple hundred extra $ after Sandy Hook, so what?

Most every online dealer immediately auctioned off their entire inventory on GB during that same time. So, you don't really know who screwed you and who didn't.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #46
TXsailor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 193986

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox1064 View Post
And miss most of the "deals" in the skip.

Last fall I ordered a Beretta 9mm from CTD for $399 that I've never seen for less than $500 (currently $540). That's a pistol that I wouldn't own today if I had skipped over them because they charged you (or someone else, cause I didn't pay their high prices) a couple hundred extra $ after Sandy Hook, so what?

Most every online dealer immediately auctioned off their entire inventory on GB during that same time. So, you don't really know who screwed you and who didn't.
Good to know you'll sell out cheap.

The only REAL vote you get is with your money. Your wallet, your decisions, but there's a reason I won't shop at certain places even if it means I'm paying more.
TXsailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #47
rbox1064
Rammer Jammer
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsailor View Post
Good to know you'll sell out cheap.

The only REAL vote you get is with your money. Your wallet, your decisions, but there's a reason I won't shop at certain places even if it means I'm paying more.
When you like expensive stuff and have limited funding, you do what you have to (or I do anyway).

Anything I buy that's not needed right now, I shop around and I purchase from the lowest seller. It's how I roll. You choose to not support certain sellers due to one thing or another. Good on you. You say I'm a sell out and I say a fool and his money are soon parted...
Old 04-17-2018, 12:49 AM   #48
NMGuy
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 182584

Quote:
When you like expensive stuff and have limited funding, you do what you have to (or I do anyway).

Anything I buy that's not needed right now, I shop around and I purchase from the lowest seller. It's how I roll. You choose to not support certain sellers due to one thing or another. Good on you. You say I'm a sell out and I say a fool and his money are soon parted...
It’s not like buds is anti firearm...

And they aren’t even close to the worst company to profiteer off our “panics”.

They offer great prices on certain firearms helping get them into the hands of gun owners. They’re probably the biggest online retailer now, if not close to it. So they’re bound to have some structural problems. The may need to revamp their infrastructure to handle orders and post accurate product pictures and descriptions...

I feel like maybe some employees “joy ride” firearms at times! That needs to go too.
NMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:55 AM   #49
praxidike
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 191101

Quote:

They're full of shit! If they found a gun they wanted listed on CTD, Buds, or some other site they supposedly hate at a steal of a price that way cheaper than the competition, they'd buy in a heart... Don't believe their bs...

I buy from the lowest bidder myself, and I'm not ashamed am going to apologize for keeping as much of my money in my pocket as I possibly can.
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:20 AM   #50
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy59 View Post
I've heard tell of this happening more than once but it's not occurred to me.... I use Buds because of the easy and free layaway.. A 90 layaway is valuable for those who don't knock down big bucks.. Who else has 90 day layaways with as large a selection ?
K-Var, Hyatt Guns, and Whittaker Guns all do 90 days. There are others out there.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:36 AM   #51
Just a Citizen
Not the Sharpest Crayon in the box.

AKaholic #: 173954

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxidike View Post

I buy from the lowest bidder myself, and I'm not ashamed am going to apologize for keeping as much of my money in my pocket as I possibly can.
Same, the gun search engines make it easy to do a search for the bottom, I've had nothing but good experiences with the drop shippers on purchases of guns as well, interesting business model, But the price usually beats traditional dealers= good for my wallet.
"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and `is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power." [Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)
Just a Citizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #52
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankboy View Post
I'm not sure if this is Tankboy's video, or just one that he found, but this is exactly how I picture Tankboy's temperament when he's fired up.
Cheers
Old 04-17-2018, 09:58 AM   #53
TXsailor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 193986

Hey man, it's your rabbit...

But it's hilarious to see the "how do shitty companies that lie to their customers stay in business?!" get followed by "hey man, if it saves me $5 I'll buy direct from Pelosi!"
TXsailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #54
Tankboy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakwa View Post
I'm not sure if this is Tankboy's video, or just one that he found, but this is exactly how I picture Tankboy's temperament when he's fired up.
Cheers
Not mine lmao.
Tankboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:22 PM   #55
TurboCobra

AKaholic #: 174988

Thanks for posting this, I have not visited CTD page since the sandy hook order cancel fiasco. Haven't dealt with Buds because of the price fluctuation on clicks, now they are OFF the list. Hope they google this thread and see it. Customer service and being stand-up for your pricing is key. Good god, if you can't honor pricing on your electronic gun shop website, you truly can't run your business..
TurboCobra is online now   Reply With Quote