Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #211
Danielsand

AKaholic #: 198057

I apologize my American friends, for writing in Serbo-Croatian. First, let me explain the writing.

Someone asked if the writing is in Slovenian, or Croatian. It's neither. In "my time" there were three languages officially, Slovenian, Serbo-Croatian, Macedonian, (and Albanian in Kosovo). Serbo-Croatian can be written in either Latin, or Cyrillic alphabet. I speak all of those languages, except Albanian. I also write, and read Cyrillic. I never bothered to set up my keyboard to write the characters in either of the "old" languages. Like I mentioned before, I am an assimilated American, with no intention to bring "my culture" over here, live among "my" people, and force my neighbors to do what I do. Sounds fair?

Now,...the idiot up above is a Croat. I am still not sure if from Croatia, or Bosnia (something in his demeanor points to Bosnia). He expressed very strong hatred toward Serbs before (on several forums), and expressed his "undying love" for Muslims, and Albanians. As such, by default, he will crap in ANYTHING that even smells remotely Serbian.

And here you have it,....a perfect, "first hand" evidence, of how the "War in the Balkans" started. Serbs lived PEACEFULLY in Slavonia, and Krajina (within the territory of Croatia), and when Croatian Ustashe proclaimed "independence" in 1991, and starter writing in the media, singing in their songs, etc.....how much they hate Serbs, and how they will "do away" with them the same way they tried in WW2,....Serbs went APESHIT.

Propaganda machine can (it will, and it does!) tell you differently, ...how "poor Croats. poor Muslims (sorry they call them "Bosniaks"!!!) deserved to be free".....total propaganda bullshit perpetuated by NWO.

I posted, semi humorous account of my first visit to Zastava, and even after my first post in this thread, I was under attack by Bosnian Croat. He confirmed on another forum that he is a Croat, but never said from where. ONLY Bosnian Croats (from Hertzegovina), are ashamed to say where they are from. Because they are not from Croatia (and that somehow bothers them!)! I have MANY friends in Croatia, and get along with them fine. I was born in Croatia, my Best Man is Croatian....etc.

So no, this is not another 'Balkan war' on the forum,...just a perfect example of how it started. "We didn't start fire, it was always burning, since the world is turning...." Billy Joel for you.

As far as the wannabee up above,....he goes to join the "Sigiloser" on the "unreadable" list.

Big thank you to Turbo, and Rob for the support in the form of PMs.
Danielsand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #212
Bakwa
Prophetic Marksman
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 190595

Good to know. It's always good to have people with experiences and historical understanding from other countries here on the Files.
I'm 5 months late, but welcome Daniel.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #213
Danielsand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakwa View Post
Good to know. It's always good to have people with experiences from other countries here on the Files.
I'm 5 months late, but welcome Daniel.
Thanks man.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:11 AM   #214
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 5035

I have had my run-in's with hakentt on this and another site.
He can get quite disageeable., and has had a few "time outs" as a result.

Interesting discussions always being appteciated.
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #215
Danielsand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
I have had my run-in's with hakentt on this and another site.
He can get quite disageeable., and has had a few "time outs" as a result.

Interesting discussions always being appteciated.

In my experience (quite extensive actually), Bosnian Croats live with a "chip on their shoulder". They ARE Croats (Catholics), but they mixed with Muslims for centuries, and a good number of them married Muslim women. There is nothing wrong with Muslim pussy, don't get me wrong, we like it too,...but we don't marry it! Most of these "Croats" fought in Ustasha formations (HVO) in and around of city of Mostar, and as such were compromised in the war of the 90s. They committed much worse atrocities during the war, than the "real" Croats (born/living in Croatia) in ZNG formations. After the war, they didn't have a "green light" on moving to Croatia proper (Croatia is NOT keen on Islamization either!), so a LOT of them emigrated to USA, and Australia, courtesy of the charity known as Caritas.

They did not come here because they wanted to. They are bitter that their mixed marriages are not socially accepted on either side, and they are NOT assimilating into American culture. They "stick with their own kind", and try to preserve their "culture", much like ME Muslims, Mexicans, etc. They all got their citizenships quickly, but they are "Americans by force", not by choice.

Not ALL of them are like that of course, but the great majority is.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #216
Made in Austria

AKaholic #: 188205

All good Danielsand. I am Austrian and remember when I was stationed in Spielfeld, Austria back in 1991. I had to make sure you guys fight on your side of the border lol. I was young and crapped into my pants several times, so damn close to the border. Flying AK-47's (Mig21's) flying close to the ground right into Austrian territory. Our ancient Saab Draken couldn't keep up. That was something man.

Last edited by Made in Austria; 02-12-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Made in Austria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #217
turboPSA

AKaholic #: 195831

My pleasure and very good info. You have a way to summarize things without BS. As for the Ustaše; those scumbags are still defacing our ancestral Monastery to this day with their symbols of hate... Zajebi ih!

I could reflect my thoughts but you summed it up perfectly.
turboPSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #218
Argent

AKaholic #: 190485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielsand View Post
In my experience (quite extensive actually), Bosnian Croats live with a "chip on their shoulder". They ARE Croats (Catholics), but they mixed with Muslims for centuries, and a good number of them married Muslim women. There is nothing wrong with Muslim pussy, don't get me wrong, we like it too,...but we don't marry it! Most of these "Croats" fought in Ustasha formations (HVO) in and around of city of Mostar, and as such were compromised in the war of the 90s. They committed much worse atrocities during the war, than the "real" Croats (born/living in Croatia) in ZNG formations. After the war, they didn't have a "green light" on moving to Croatia proper (Croatia is NOT keen on Islamization either!), so a LOT of them emigrated to USA, and Australia, courtesy of the charity known as Caritas.

They did not come here because they wanted to. They are bitter that their mixed marriages are not socially accepted on either side, and they are NOT assimilating into American culture. They "stick with their own kind", and try to preserve their "culture", much like ME Muslims, Mexicans, etc. They all got their citizenships quickly, but they are "Americans by force", not by choice.

I think you hit the nail on the head with respect to the majority of our immigration problems.

Don't forget what Theodore Roosevelt said back in 1907:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Daniel, I've also enjoyed your posts and am glad to see your response to the accusation yesterday. You've had some interesting experiences and I think most, if not all, benefit from your thoughts and stories.

As far as siggy goes, he has a habit it seems of trying to needle and harass newer posters in the News/Politics section if they show any hint of original thought. He lives to argue and defend the Deep State and Neocon-Statism. Keep him on your ignore list and your time here will be much more enjoyable.
Argent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #219
Veprz
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 197407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragynn View Post
Better to bitch about prices, than to go around like some guys do on this site, fanboi'ng and gleefully screaming they'd pay more. Fucking Zastava saw that shit like a lot of others have, and promptly jacked up their prices when they heard at least some of us are dumb enough that we'd pay it. Y'all can thank those idiots for these high prices.

And after they get done selling to those dimwits here in a couple years and sales go flat, they'll lower the prices back, and i'll buy one for about 50% cheaper or less than the fanboys paid.
True statement.
Veprz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #220
Veprz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTPAXA_HET View Post
I agree with the camp that says Zastava’s gone off the deep end with these prices. These AK’s aren’t getting more expensive to make - the Bulgarians and Romanians and Serbs all have cheap labor and their material costs certainly haven’t doubled in the past 4-5 years. The problem is that Century and Arsenal have slowly been giving themselves larger and larger margins, cause they can.

Now Zastava sees this and decides they can carve themselves out an even bigger margin without Century, so they set up their own company and jack up the prices 200 bucks a rifle cause they think they can.

Well, newsflash, Zastava: I like your products, but PSA is gonna clean your clock if they offer a 500 dollar AK with forged parts that takes standard furniture and is not reliant on imports and is covered by a lifetime warranty. Also, I want an M-91, but a VEPR for half the price is a damn sight better of a deal. Reconsider your pricing structure.
You get it, give em heck! Dang right their costs havent doubled, materials arent more scarce, they are under zero threat of sanctions, and the tiny skirmishes they label as "conflicts" are pathetic.

Last edited by Veprz; 02-12-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #221
Veprz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdawg View Post
While some of these things may not have risen that much, I think many people too easily discount some of the costs and red tape it takes to import these into the U.S. these days. That's not getting any cheaper or easier.
How come these supposed costs havent effected FN, Austrian made Glocks, CZ guns pricing etc.?..oh yeah thats right..cause its a horse trash excuse by scumbag leechess who think youre an idiot.

Last edited by Veprz; 02-12-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #222
Veprz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekbrown View Post
The % of AK buyers that are hardcore combloc-only is likely relatively small...and a big chunk of that small slice of pie is only in that camp because they've read on the internet that the only good AKs are commie AKs. If 5 years from now a good chunk of youtube reviews say that 2-3 types of American made AKs are surviving torture tests just fine, the "read it on the internet" faction will abandon ship faster than a transferable can dump a 5 round mag, especially if those American AKs cost half as much as Arsenal.

At some point Arsenal will be impacted, presuming they want to sell guns to Americans looking to buy AKs.
Arsenal USA/kvar/fime is allready looking pathetic and like they are on their last legs. Have you noticed how much non arsenal product they are pushing lately? They are scrambling desperately to secure items for sale.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #223
Veprz
Veteran Member

Quote:
So does Zastava and Cugir. This is one of the reasons we don't get as much imports and they cost more when we do lately, too much conflict in the world, and the AK manufacturers are selling into all of them.
They arent just sending product here..importers have to order it..aka aes10b and psl. Century wasnt selling aes10b's or psl's like they had hoped for so..they stopped ordering them until they saw the astronomical prices they were going for on the secondary market and decided they would place another order to get a piece of the pie.

There are some really small skirmishes going on but nothing that is even remotely testing their production capacity like a real war would..thats a bunch of horsetrash the importers, distributors and vendors spit.

Last edited by Veprz; 02-12-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #224
swvadude

AKaholic #: 183409

Nice to hear about the decline in quality of the Yugo/Serb M70s with the "new kids on the block" from someone in the old country, thanks Danielsand. I guess it explains why the 1980's era Mitchells are far better than the current PAPs, not only in terms of fit and finish but also longevity. RobSki and BFLV proved that the PAPs are of dubious quality and not the same as the military grade M70s
swvadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:42 PM   #225
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 170546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veprz View Post

There are some really small skirmishes going on but nothing that is even remotely testing their production capacity like a real war would..thats a bunch of horsetrash the importers, distributors and vendors spit.
I'm not getting my info from Century dude, lol.

Simple observation, I see AK's, new ones, on the news all the time, in lots of countries that don't make AK's.

Chicoms, Zastavas, and Romy's are what I see most often.
#47 - Draggin' Balls
Fraternitas Ante Omnia
Dragynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:41 PM   #226
reddot

AKaholic #: 165054

I don't need anyone from that part of the world to tell me there is a quality difference between the PAP series and Mitchell imports, its clear as day to me.

But I'm glad there is someone to confirm my personal suspicion and what I've experienced.
reddot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #227
jekbrown

AKaholic #: 175516

Quote:
Wow, you have no idea how wrong you are about that.

And this is even more bullshit. The guys who prefer combloc are guys like me, with decades of experience with these firearms, and the people who DO only buy combloc because of what they read on the internet, are reading what WE have told them, and again that's based on experience, not couch-commando arfcom groupthink bullshit.
It's just soooo cute how you think highly informed consumers dominate the market for any kind of guns, or just about any class of consumer product. If anything it's the opposite. Consumer markets are chock full of 'dumb money'. Have you ever set foot in a gun store or gun show? Then you've probably found yourself in a big room with 1000 people that wouldn't know a good AK if they tripped over it, but charge on thinking that the 2 that actually do are buying all the guns. lol

It's a fact that there are consumers out there that will buy a well-made American AK over a much more expensive import. If you refuse to admit that, it's no skin off my rear end. To each their own.

Last edited by jekbrown; 02-12-2019 at 10:38 PM.
jekbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:09 PM   #228
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
It's just soooo cute how you think
It's even more adorable that you think you know what I think.

You must be from Lubbock.
#47 - Draggin' Balls
Fraternitas Ante Omnia
Old 02-16-2019, 02:15 AM   #229
jekbrown

AKaholic #: 175516

Your post was plain English. Unless you were lying or just a poor writer, it's pretty obvious what you think. Never been to Lubbock...not from TX at all.
jekbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #230
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Never been to Lubbock...not from TX at all.
Ahh gotcha, so you're a liar as well as clueless. Well that's okay, I didn't take anything you said seriously anyway.

And now you disappear thanks to the magic of the ignore function, it's kinda like internet Febreze.
#47 - Draggin' Balls
Fraternitas Ante Omnia
Old 02-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #231
Dan The Man
The MAN

AKaholic #: 162739

Anyone else hope they bring in some M77s in 308?
Dan The Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #232
Il Cattivo
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 180088

^^ That wouldn't hurt my feelings. I like the one I've got, but it would be reassuring (in terms of support) if it were a little less of an orphan. Depending on prices, I don't know that I'd mind having a spare, either - an AK in the back of the truck isn't bad on some trips but there's always something to be said for having a .308 on hand instead.
Il Cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:35 PM   #233
Dan The Man
The MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Cattivo View Post
^^ That wouldn't hurt my feelings. I like the one I've got, but it would be reassuring (in terms of support) if it were a little less of an orphan. Depending on prices, I don't know that I'd mind having a spare, either - an AK in the back of the truck isn't bad on some trips but there's always something to be said for having a .308 on hand instead.
Totally.

I want another one.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:09 AM   #234
SilveradoNH

AKaholic #: 198454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielsand View Post

I dated a Bosnian Women that lived there during the war. She used to tell me stories of what they went thru that made me speechless.

Scary shit! She ended up leaving me for a guy with more money and broke my heart, so screw her!
SilveradoNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:48 AM   #235
Sirex
Goldmember

AKaholic #: 181199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Cattivo View Post
I wouldn't mind more M77s in country,and some support directly from Zastava if required. I just wonder, looking at the prices for the M91, what the Zastava price for a new M77 would be. If the M91s are $2.5k+ I can only imagine what they'll ask for a 308 M77 version. I doubt it would be the $599 I paid for mine. With the Galil at about $1200-1500, and multiple affordable AR10s on the market, if they charge a premium price, I think a newly imported M77 would sink like a rock filled with Jimmy Hoffas. The M77 is a good rifle, but not as good, in my humble opinion as the Vepr or Saigas (which are no longer imported), and not as good as the Galil. If they could price it at maybe 3/4 the price of the Galil, maybe theyd sell. But if they price it above, it won't sell, IMHO. But gauging by the M91s projected price, we'll see.

The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war."
Sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #236
Dan The Man
The MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirex View Post
I wouldn't mind more M77s in country,and some support directly from Zastava if required. I just wonder, looking at the prices for the M91, what the Zastava price for a new M77 would be. If the M91s are $2.5k+ I can only imagine what they'll ask for a 308 M77 version. I doubt it would be the $599 I paid for mine. With the Galil at about $1200-1500, and multiple affordable AR10s on the market, if they charge a premium price, I think a newly imported M77 would sink like a rock filled with Jimmy Hoffas. The M77 is a good rifle, but not as good, in my humble opinion as the Vepr or Saigas (which are no longer imported), and not as good as the Galil. If they could price it at maybe 3/4 the price of the Galil, maybe theyd sell. But if they price it above, it won't sell, IMHO. But gauging by the M91s projected price, we'll see.
True, they have to be priced right.

The galil ace (308 and 7.62x39) are starting to interest me more and more. I hope they keep importing them.
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #237
Sweersa
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 157316

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
Regarding the M92, yep if you find a NOS condition M70AB1/AB2 underfolding stock kit, you should nab it.
I put one on my M92PV and it made all the difference in the world to me.
I like how it looks original now, and also it just is more enjoyable to fire.
I am normally very much a "purist" but I had an M92 modified to have a triangle folding stock installed after the Form 1 came back. It's not "correct" but feels great and is a really solid option. Plus I already had an M70AB2, and didn't have a triangle folder so I wanted something different.

I have another M92, and would grab an M70 underfolding stock assembly if I ever found one at a decent price to SBR for a proper M92 build.

That's near the bottom of my gun project list though, with a number of much cooler things on top of it. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeManassas View Post
So, can I assume that WTF is not one of the Marketplace headings like WTS, WTB, or WTT?
Sweersa is online now   Reply With Quote