Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Krinkovs

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 11:42 PM   #36
jdg
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 182818

I contacted StormWerkz about the UCA2, and he said March 12th before they would be back in stock. But then he found a straggler somewhere! I'll be poking holes in this thing tomorrow!! Thanks Josh
Old 02-23-2019, 08:45 AM   #37
Nitris
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 9774

I prefer the conventional look but that's just me.

Families of the victims need to stop blaming an inanimate object and start holding those who are responsible for the lives that are lost. Start by suing the very people who's policies have harmed their families, these people need to be sued into bankruptcy.

Local, state, and government officials, should be held even to the point of imprisonment, liable for the deaths or harm to its citizens when that local, state, or government prohibits them from protecting themselves.

III
Nitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:06 AM   #38
jdg
Curio & Relic

^^^Nice collection brother!!
Just finished drilling my PAP trunnion, and I have to say what a pleasure! After drilling Two Draco trunnions, this was like drilling pine!

Last edited by jdg; 02-23-2019 at 11:30 AM.
jdg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:32 AM   #39
travinh

AKaholic #: 179278

I am over thinking. I got two metal adapters instead one. If you need one metal adapter for your M82NP, PM me. I love me M82NP a lots. I have shot about 600 rounds without a hiccup.

travinh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #40
Stupit

AKaholic #: 177017

Quote:
Originally Posted by travinh View Post
I am over thinking. I got two metal adapters instead one. If you need one metal adapter for your M82NP, PM me. I love me M82NP a lots. I have shot about 600 rounds without a hiccup.

^^^Where did you get those adapters? Did you have them made? I always thought I'd like to switch mine out.

Stupit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:02 AM   #41
travinh

AKaholic #: 179278

I bought the adapters from an AKFiles member in the marketplace section. I believed I was his fist customer. I asked him customize the adapter to ways that want. I paid $75 for one unfinished (bead blast only).
URL:http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331260

Overall, the M82NP plastic adapter looks and feels robust. Particularly, when you have the magazine inserted into the adapter, the magazine help to support the adapter and increase the adapter strength.

When the magazine is removed, you can move the adapter side to side at front area easily. If you drop your rifle and it lands right at the front of the adapter (no magazine inserted), the adapter may get damage because there is very little material to support the adapter mounting area at the front to hook into the receiver mag-well (see pictures below for more detail). During shooting, if you use your support hand to pull down at front of the adapter, in the long run, the adapter lip at the front that hooking into the receiver for the mounting point may crack or break.

From my observation, plastic adapter can become brittle or crack due to the temperature change, gun cleaning chemical and aging. The front lip of the adapter is weakest mounting point of the M82NP adapter.

travinh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:40 PM   #42
Ak-a-Holic
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 175160

Quote:
Originally Posted by es View Post
The np is probably more practical for most folks, but a front serialized PV is more valuable from a collector standpoint for ease of converting to a “correct” sbr. Whichever version you’re looking at, consider the location of the serial if you’re looking to sbr or add an extension to make a rifle. Front marked are good for underfolder stocks, and rear are good for 4.5 or 5.5 sidefokder mechanisms. If you wanna use one of the modular stocks that attaches to the rear the serial location isn’t as important.
The rear facing serial numbers are won’t interfere with the SN???!!!! I was gonna denial one I got on the cheap, new, and rebuild it. That gives me an idea
Ak-a-Holic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #43
jdg
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak-a-Holic View Post
The rear facing serial numbers are won’t interfere with the SN???!!!! I was gonna denial one I got on the cheap, new, and rebuild it. That gives me an idea
Huh???
Old 02-26-2019, 08:55 PM   #44
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 5035

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg View Post
Huh???
He was going to demil a M92., he got on the cheap..., and seemingly re-receiver it. But now has other ideas.,
Or so I read it.
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:33 PM   #45
es
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 185924

Quote:
They won’t if you’re doing a sidefolder, you might have to leave out one of the short rivers though. The UF holes will clip a few digits on the serial, so it’s a no-go
es is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:44 PM   #46
jdg
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
He was going to demil a M92., he got on the cheap..., and seemingly re-receiver it. But now has other ideas.,
Or so I read it.
Hey thanks

Well here it is, looks like every other M85 with a SBA3... Do these things run well without the booster? I just need to get out and shoot the damn thing, but can't break away from work!

Last edited by jdg; 02-27-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:14 AM   #47
jdg
Curio & Relic

Finally got to shoot this beast! Ran 90 or so rounds without a hitch, although I did see an issue after a few slow mag dumps. I had some Tula 55gr that stuck cases in other rifles that I vowed not to ever buy again or shoot, but decided to try in a chrome chamber(it all extracted fine) but look at this target!!! I was just popping off rounds one handed, pretty sure they did not skip off the ground, but I count 3 keyholes. The gun shoots fine without the booster, so I might go with something shorter, but it looks kinda cool with the Krink booster on it. Also need to get a Khyber Custom peep sight for it! The factory sight works great pushed out in pistol form, but not so good up close.

Last edited by jdg; 03-03-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #48
PeterGriffin

AKaholic #: 179306

jdg what distance were you shooting that target at that resulted in the keyholes? That's no bueno but I did find it curious that they were still on the same target...
PeterGriffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #49
jdg
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
jdg what distance were you shooting that target at that resulted in the keyholes? That's no bueno but I did find it curious that they were still on the same target...
25 yards! I was sighting it in, with a nice group 1" off to the right. The target I posted was just a function test target. A few undersized bullets could cause it I suppose, but I plan on putting some more rounds on paper at 25Y, different brands of ammo to see if that's what it is.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:20 PM   #50
jdg
Curio & Relic

The suspect ammo was not Tula, but Wolf! Had a few more keyholes yesterday... Tula and Federal made nice round holes, and so did most of the Wolf, but I measured some of my bullets just now, and .222" at the case mouth just ain't gonna do it. Some are at .223", most are at .224", but found 2 in the box of 20 that were at .222" Most of my shooting is at steel, 80-100 yards downrange, so this crap might have been doing this in my other guns too.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:32 PM   #51
Dragynn
ornery ol' bastard
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 170546

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg View Post
The suspect ammo was not Tula, but Wolf! Had a few more keyholes yesterday... Tula and Federal made nice round holes, and so did most of the Wolf, but I measured some of my bullets just now, and .222" at the case mouth just ain't gonna do it. Some are at .223", most are at .224", but found 2 in the box of 20 that were at .222" Most of my shooting is at steel, 80-100 yards downrange, so this crap might have been doing this in my other guns too.
Wow...damn...thanks for posting that info, gonna have to check some of my ammo for that issue.
#47 - Draggin' Balls
Fraternitas Ante Omnia
Dragynn is online now   Reply With Quote