Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 06-10-2019, 08:02 PM   #141
burninglegs
Where We Go One We Go All

AKaholic #: 183372

Yeah the ACR stock looks at home on the Stribog. Modern modular weapon systems for you.

ACR stock is the best thing Bushmaster/Remington have given us in recent times.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #142
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 171780

I think I am going to get the HBI HK type brace, I really wanted the SHF KES collapsing tailhook brace but the owners of it are saying you need an AR absolute cowitness or higher mount, that makes it too high even for me, a guy who likes Russian optics on AK’s
Old 06-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #143
gaigeboyd
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 195191

Went to palmetto state today and held one. I did not get to shoot it, so I can’t give it a fair opinion, but just from holding it, I honestly wasn’t impressed. Maybe if I get a chance to shoot one I will change my mind. Maybe it was the brace on it as well. Buffertube with some brace that couldn’t be adjusted, or anything.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #144
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaigeboyd View Post
Went to palmetto state today and held one. I did not get to shoot it, so I canít give it a fair opinion, but just from holding it, I honestly wasnít impressed. Maybe if I get a chance to shoot one I will change my mind. Maybe it was the brace on it as well. Buffertube with some brace that couldnít be adjusted, or anything.
Buffer tube with AR15 brace is dumb imo on one of these blowback 9mm. It defeats the whole purpose of keeping it compact and being able to fold the stock. Just my $0.02. I finally got to shoot mine today and I will say it is nicer shooting than my Scorpion. I love my Scorpion, but this Stribog feels like a gun compared to the Scorpion hand in hand. The Stribog feels better built and with the aluminum upper and it is only 1.5 ounces heavier.

I am impressed with this gun and look forward to the release of the A3 when it is brought over. Will get one of those as well.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #145
gaigeboyd
Veteran Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Buffer tube with AR15 brace is dumb imo on one of these blowback 9mm. It defeats the whole purpose of keeping it compact and being able to fold the stock. Just my $0.02. I finally got to shoot mine today and I will say it is nicer shooting than my Scorpion. I love my Scorpion, but this Stribog feels like a gun compared to the Scorpion hand in hand. The Stribog feels better built and with the aluminum upper and it is only 1.5 ounces heavier.

I am impressed with this gun and look forward to the release of the A3 when it is brought over. Will get one of those as well.
Wish I could shoot it there. I would defiantly buy the non reciprocated handle. They way I held it, it was gonna he close to hitting me. I did like the weight though.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #146
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 79142

burninglegs - To answer your questions in Post # 139; The Fore Grip I ordered was a $9.00 Chinese design (From Amazon as I recall) with wings up front that rise slightly over the edge of the underside of the frame of the STRIBOG for slightly more real estate for ones palm, but is about the same length as the Custom Smith one that you had the photo of, and a slightly longer finger guard on the front. The Custom Smith is one that I'll look at - thanks for the photo and reference; appears to be rugged and useful.
I chose the Romeo 5 due the excellent reviews on that sight at Arsenal of Alabama web site. Very rugged sight and other features I like, like auto on/ off. The military grade Reflex sight was offered thru a company at one of these two sites: Patriot Brief.com or mycrisisgear.com - look over their offerings and they are a company importing military grade equipment such as the Reflex sight I mentioned. Their offering is one, two or three at a discount. I have not yet ordered one of those, but likely will.
Disburse-Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #147
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Bought the HBI Folding Brace, will post pics when it has arrived and been installed

As far as the above conversations, I’m also planning on an A3 when it comes out as well as getting a roller delay kit for my current gun when that comes out, I’m sure it will be expensive but this gun is so easy to tinker with, the after market for it exploded overnight, I got mine on February and since then EVERYONE is making aftermarket stuff
Old 06-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #148
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

I attempted to get into the mycrisisgear web site, but had a pop warning about the site that it was not secure. So, just a heads up there, on their reflex sight offerings. Now it could be also that some behind the scenes manipulators in the tech filed could be putting out information to steer people away from them. Just my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing the various braces that others are placing on this pistol.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #149
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Back in stock: gen 2 non-reciprocating charging handle with 3x 30 round mags
For $659, $12 for shipping so just over $670 total

https://dkfirearms.com/product/grand-power-stribog-9mm/
Old 06-14-2019, 12:02 AM   #150
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Alrighty so the SB B&T Style Brace from HBI arrived today and not Saturday, pretty stoked about that, especially since this puts the gun on another level-easier to install than the original brace adapter (had to shave plastic for that one to work), this just dropped in and was in place with a tap of the rubber mallet, also it just looks better, IT FOLDS, and it has perfect height for low mount optics and the original flip up sights

Really I can't recommend it enough, if just makes the gun overall feel like such a solid package, makes me want to get a form 1 and SBR it with the original B&T stock

Before:

After:

And I'm an image whore:

ONLY big concern is if the rounds will eject successfully if folded and shot, but I will find this out soon:
Old 06-14-2019, 12:10 AM   #151
burninglegs

Quote:
Wish I could shoot it there. I would defiantly buy the non reciprocated handle. They way I held it, it was gonna he close to hitting me. I did like the weight though.
If you lived close, I'd let you shoot it as much as you want.

You can always switch the charging handle to the other side if it being where it is still bothers use (even if the non-reciprocating handle location doesn't work for your hands). Its a great little gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disburse-Now View Post
burninglegs - To answer your questions in Post # 139; The Fore Grip I ordered was a $9.00 Chinese design (From Amazon as I recall) with wings up front that rise slightly over the edge of the underside of the frame of the STRIBOG for slightly more real estate for ones palm, but is about the same length as the Custom Smith one that you had the photo of, and a slightly longer finger guard on the front. The Custom Smith is one that I'll look at - thanks for the photo and reference; appears to be rugged and useful.
I chose the Romeo 5 due the excellent reviews on that sight at Arsenal of Alabama web site. Very rugged sight and other features I like, like auto on/ off. The military grade Reflex sight was offered thru a company at one of these two sites: Patriot Brief.com or mycrisisgear.com - look over their offerings and they are a company importing military grade equipment such as the Reflex sight I mentioned. Their offering is one, two or three at a discount. I have not yet ordered one of those, but likely will.
Thanks for the info on the AFG. The Custom Smith one does look nice. I might get one of those eventually.

I have never heard of those websites before. Is the military grade reflex sight branded with the website names? Is it a Holosun product? If you have a picture from their website of it, I'd be curious what it looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAK47 View Post
Bought the HBI Folding Brace, will post pics when it has arrived and been installed

As far as the above conversations, Iím also planning on an A3 when it comes out as well as getting a roller delay kit for my current gun when that comes out, Iím sure it will be expensive but this gun is so easy to tinker with, the after market for it exploded overnight, I got mine on February and since then EVERYONE is making aftermarket stuff
That HBI folding brace is basically just the SB Tactical folder but with the correct adapter for the Stribog right? Anyone use that version of SBT brace before? Is it hard rubber material?

I have thought about doing the roller delay conversion kit, but I will just wait for the A3 to come out. I'd rather have the factory produced one anyways.

The market has definitely taken off for the Stribog. I have been loosely following it since last summer. I was hesitant to jump in until I saw how the aftermarket took to it. Once the gen 2 came out a few months ago and I saw how many shops have started putting out stuff for it, I knew it was time.

Quote:
Back in stock: gen 2 non-reciprocating charging handle with 3x 30 round mags
For $659, $12 for shipping so just over $670 total

https://dkfirearms.com/product/grand-power-stribog-9mm/
That's who I got mine through. They are good to go. Ship fast too (assuming they have your FFL on file or get the FFL info quickly).
Old 06-14-2019, 12:23 AM   #152
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
That HBI folding brace is basically just the SB Tactical folder but with the correct adapter for the Stribog right? Anyone use that version of SBT brace before? Is it hard rubber material?
See above , yes it's solid as a goddamn tank, the brace must have some metal rod or something in it that the rubber is molded around... I don't know but it definitely works

Don't hesitate, just get it
Old 06-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #153
gaigeboyd
Veteran Member
Contributor

Wow a folder brace makes it look so much nicer. I might can give it a second chance after seeing that. Buffer tube and super basic non adjustable brace in the store really sucked. Love the photos!
Old 06-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #154
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

burninglegs - Ref your question about mycrisisgear.com in Post # 151 above; Received an E-mail from that company about two weeks ago and they were offering Reflex sights that the site claimed were from a military production plant. I did not order one, and when I attempt to get into their web site recently, a pop up comes up describing their site as un-secure, etc. and there are several sites that come up as well with comments from others regarding poor service, and other not so stellar business. Just an FYI.
I did order a cheap red/green micro-dot sight from either Amazon or E-Bay last month, and it is sold thru Fieldsport,inc., their model D007RG, for about $30.00 or so shipped, and then the PSA Romeo 5, which is about $120.00 shipped.
Although I ordered an adaptor for the rear of the STRIBOG when I ordered it, the adaptor is for an AR Tube brace or if SBR'd an actual AR tube and rear stock; I determined that the HBI B&T design of brace was best for my own STRIBOG, as is Post # 150 above. I wanted a folding stock with a decent cheek weld, that was not flimsy, and that one seems to be what I was looking for.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #155
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Wow a folder brace makes it look so much nicer. I might can give it a second chance after seeing that. Buffer tube and super basic non adjustable brace in the store really sucked. Love the photos!
I can do more photos later as I plan on beer and fondling tonight, unfortunately for my wife itís just me and the Stribog this time

I canít imagine any gun being even mildly enjoyable without a decent brace in terms of functionality and looks
Old 06-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #156
CLEAR-SKY

AKaholic #: 170815

FYI, the Stribog 30 round mags are in stock at Global Ordnance.
CLEAR-SKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:34 AM   #157
albatros43

AKaholic #: 171085

It's funny to see how these Stribog threads are blowing up on different forums. I had read about the Stribog late last year and just kind of forgot about it when everyone was complaining about the reciprocating CH and that a non-reciprocating model was coming. I filed it under "wait" and forgot about it.

This week 2 "deals" popped up on Reddit for the Gen 2 and now I've been reading every review/forum I can on it. I haven't even gotten my AKV in hand yet and now I'm researching this thing! Help!

ARF has the most comprehensive thread on these things. I'd love @Rob Ski to torture test one. He could single-handedly make the market explode for these.

As others have mentioned, aftermarket support really seems to be increasing for these and I see these as the "next" Scorpion. They're really more similar to the Scorpion than the AKV, so I see it more as competition for the former.

I kind of want to snag one, however it doesn't appear to pay to be an early adopter. In less than a year they've already released the non-recip model with an extra mag (all 30s) and the A3 should be here around 1Q20. Is the biggest benefit of the roller delayed recoil and suppressing well? I don't have a can and can't imagine the recoil of the Gen 2 being a concern.
albatros43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #158
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

Received my HBI S&B brace designed for STRIBOG on Friday and installed it Saturday. One needs a punch to initiate the rear pin. The rear pin does have a very small formed wire detent that holds the rear pin from falling out. Take care to not lose this small part. If you do punch out the pin instead of moving it to an audible click, then take the detent pin out carefully (it is small) push the pin back in to the point where the detent wire can be placed over the pin and tapped onto the pin with a small rubber mallet.
The rear cover can be tapped out with a plastic or rubber head small mallet or soft plastic headed hammer, per the instructions in the owners manual.
Installation of the HBI S&B Brace was a piece of cake and the Brace is as solid feeling as a very stout stock. Note: Installation of this brace will require one to purchase a larger hard case to carry in or some other storage type and the original case is is too thin to allow the folded STRIBOG to fit. HBI and other companies I am sure, also sell different types of rear plate; some for AR tubes and another design for a pic rail for quick attachment of braces or actual stocks if SBR'd.

This brace is very complimentary to the STRIBOG, is solid, and folds and locks up easily.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #159
praxidike
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 191101

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post
It's funny to see how these Stribog threads are blowing up on different forums. I had read about the Stribog late last year and just kind of forgot about it when everyone was complaining about the reciprocating CH and that a non-reciprocating model was coming. I filed it under "wait" and forgot about it.

This week 2 "deals" popped up on Reddit for the Gen 2 and now I've been reading every review/forum I can on it. I haven't even gotten my AKV in hand yet and now I'm researching this thing! Help!

ARF has the most comprehensive thread on these things. I'd love @Rob Ski to torture test one. He could single-handedly make the market explode for these.

As others have mentioned, aftermarket support really seems to be increasing for these and I see these as the "next" Scorpion. They're really more similar to the Scorpion than the AKV, so I see it more as competition for the former.

I kind of want to snag one, however it doesn't appear to pay to be an early adopter. In less than a year they've already released the non-recip model with an extra mag (all 30s) and the A3 should be here around 1Q20. Is the biggest benefit of the roller delayed recoil and suppressing well? I don't have a can and can't imagine the recoil of the Gen 2 being a concern.
Election coming up... No matter who wins, no way of knowing what imports will be banned or sanctions implemented next.. Under $700 seems like a very fair price in the current market...
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #160
albatros43

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxidike View Post
Election coming up... No matter who wins, no way of knowing what imports will be banned or sanctions implemented next.. Under $700 seems like a very fair price in the current market...
I don't disagree on pricing, but as fast as Jaro/GP appear to move they could have a 45 and 10mm version of these things by election time!
Old 06-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #161
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I don't disagree on pricing, but as fast as Jaro/GP appear to move they could have a 45 and 10mm version of these things by election time!
After market is also looking to make roller delay kits

I will get one when it comes out

Owning one, itís a no brainer to buy it, especially the gen 2
Old 06-25-2019, 02:07 PM   #162
albatros43

Quote:
After market is also looking to make roller delay kits

I will get one when it comes out

Owning one, itís a no brainer to buy it, especially the gen 2
You'd want roller delayed for better suppression?
Old 06-25-2019, 10:57 PM   #163
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
You'd want roller delayed for better suppression?
recoil management, and just to say it's roller delayed...

the more I think about it... the less necessary it actually seems, but still it would be cool to have a roller delayed blow back operation
Old 06-26-2019, 06:27 AM   #164
albatros43

Quote:
recoil management, and just to say it's roller delayed...

the more I think about it... the less necessary it actually seems, but still it would be cool to have a roller delayed blow back operation
I'd never researched this much, and found this article helpful:

https://firearmshistory.blogspot.com...r-delayed.html

What I got out of it is less mass in the carrier so that would help with recoil, but overall more possible cons.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:13 AM   #165
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I'd never researched this much, and found this article helpful:

https://firearmshistory.blogspot.com...r-delayed.html

What I got out of it is less mass in the carrier so that would help with recoil, but overall more possible cons.
The big difference here is the location of the roller delay function, on HK and Gerot-6 lineage Firearms, the roller is on the bolt, the Stribog has this function on the bolt carrier and located above the chamber and interfaces with a trunnion: hence why a guy on ARFCOM was able to make his blow back SP9A1 a roller delay