Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Survival and Preparedness

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2019, 09:47 PM   #1681
AKRAGE
Censored
 
AKRAGE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159787
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: OR
Posts: 4,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDan View Post
Why so?
Many reasons.

Like XRP for an example.
Has 42,501,950,124 supply.
Has a CEO.
60% of XRP owned by the company Ripple.
has added 75+ banking clients by 2017.(imagine that)

If it sounds like a bank, quacks like a bank it most likely is run by the banks. So it defeats the whole purpose of decentralization. Not saying you cant make money off it, I made a little money off of XRP when I first started trading but as a long term investment or day trading in a decentralized crypto I just prefer to stay away from it and it lessens my percentage risks.

As for Bitcoin cash and Bitcoin SV. Its simple, they're a hard fork trying to control and make money of the curtails of the Bitcoin success. Look at the players involved.

Craig Wright who has claimed he is Satoshi N is a straight up lair and has been called out about numerous times. Yet he hasn't given no proof that he is Satoshi N.

Calvin Ayre, who supported Bitcoin Cash also claimed he was Satoshi N. Also to add that he posted pictures of himself getting shitfaced with a bunch of underage dancing girls while in Cuba. Sounds like a elitist banker pedophile too me.

Like I said, you can make money off it, if you know how to trade and shit....just like any other coin, but for me its not worth the risks. Unless I'm at my computer watching the trade history 24/7 its not worth it IMO.

All it takes is one little announcement like Calvin getting busted for being a pedophile or Craig Wright getting published in MSM for doing some shady shit(like lying about being Satoshi) and like that the Coin tanks.

Too me XRP, Bitcoin Cash, BTCSV are just cryptos that are being run, supported, munipulated by the very same people that run wall street and the federal reserve. Its wall street trying to foot in on Bitcoin and stable Alts.

I also dont trade in any crypto's that are backed up by the dollar or even have the name dollar or cash attached to it. It defeats the whole biases and purpose of crypto & Satoshi's dream of eliminating the central banking system. Take Tether for an example, "backed by our reserve", that's just a digital form of what we got now. It amazes me that people would ever invest it.
__________________
-------------TRUMP2020!---------

Last edited by AKRAGE; 06-22-2019 at 09:53 PM.
AKRAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #1682
giantpune
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 188807
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 6,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
YAHOO!!!! BTC climbs over $11,000 ... it's a good day for Black Blade.
$13k now. Its like 2017 all over again.
I'll see you guys up at $20k
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #1683
Black Blade
Curio & Relic
 
Black Blade's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181106
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Yellowstone, Wyoming
Posts: 3,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
$13k now. Its like 2017 all over again.
I'll see you guys up at $20k
I'm thinking back to $20,000 in a couple weeks or so. Maybe even higher.
__________________
"Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids."
Black Blade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:56 PM   #1684
GhostyDan
Banned
 
AKaholic #: 162737
Join Date: May 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAGE View Post
Many reasons.

Like XRP for an example.
Has 42,501,950,124 supply.
Has a CEO.
60% of XRP owned by the company Ripple.
has added 75+ banking clients by 2017.(imagine that)

If it sounds like a bank, quacks like a bank it most likely is run by the banks. So it defeats the whole purpose of decentralization. Not saying you cant make money off it, I made a little money off of XRP when I first started trading but as a long term investment or day trading in a decentralized crypto I just prefer to stay away from it and it lessens my percentage risks.

As for Bitcoin cash and Bitcoin SV. Its simple, they're a hard fork trying to control and make money of the curtails of the Bitcoin success. Look at the players involved.

Craig Wright who has claimed he is Satoshi N is a straight up lair and has been called out about numerous times. Yet he hasn't given no proof that he is Satoshi N.

Calvin Ayre, who supported Bitcoin Cash also claimed he was Satoshi N. Also to add that he posted pictures of himself getting shitfaced with a bunch of underage dancing girls while in Cuba. Sounds like a elitist banker pedophile too me.

Like I said, you can make money off it, if you know how to trade and shit....just like any other coin, but for me its not worth the risks. Unless I'm at my computer watching the trade history 24/7 its not worth it IMO.

All it takes is one little announcement like Calvin getting busted for being a pedophile or Craig Wright getting published in MSM for doing some shady shit(like lying about being Satoshi) and like that the Coin tanks.

Too me XRP, Bitcoin Cash, BTCSV are just cryptos that are being run, supported, munipulated by the very same people that run wall street and the federal reserve. Its wall street trying to foot in on Bitcoin and stable Alts.

I also dont trade in any crypto's that are backed up by the dollar or even have the name dollar or cash attached to it. It defeats the whole biases and purpose of crypto & Satoshi's dream of eliminating the central banking system. Take Tether for an example, "backed by our reserve", that's just a digital form of what we got now. It amazes me that people would ever invest it.
Good points.

I agree that XRP is the financial systems crypto.

I buy it because it has the potential to revolutionize the banking industry and buy doing so have big returns.
GhostyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:24 PM   #1685
AKRAGE
Censored
 
AKRAGE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159787
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: OR
Posts: 4,860
Default

Heads up to those of you invested in BitcoinSV.


https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kleim...192758248.html
Craig Wright, who claims to be the creator of Bitcoin(satoshi), is heading to a Florida courtroom on Friday, where he faces the very real possibility of losing a $10 billion lawsuit—or worse.

I've been following this closely and there are several of people in the courtroom giving updates on twitter. Here is one of them. https://twitter.com/CarolinaBolado From what I read is Craig Wright is in some serious F***ing trouble. First off CW(craig Wright) started crying in court, then he threw some documents on the floor that pissed off the judge.
Quote:
"You throw another document in my courtroom you will be in handcuffs so fast your head will spin" -- Judge Reinhart.
Quote:
Wright: "You have put forth documents I don't recognize."
Quote:
Freedman: "Documents you produced in discovery."
No bullshit.....its was CW that produced some of these documents but now states that he does not recognize them.

From another twitter account @KatieAnanina https://twitter.com/KatieAnanina
Quote:
CSW just threw in the air a hard version of an exhibit. He is getting emotional��
Considering CW claims he's Satoshi, and since Satoshi mined the first blocks of bitcoin it would only make sense that if CW really is Satoshi he would be able to produce the addresses of the bitcoin he's mined over the years. But he hasn't.

Quote:
CSW keeps not answering questions regarding the exhibits and respond with a question back. Playing with words a lot. The judge announced 5 minutes break and advice's Craig's lawyer to talk to her client about the way he answers questions. -@KatieAnanina
So basically there or tons of people who really believe CW is satoshi but if he cant provide the address's of the mined blocks, there's going to a lot of people that will loose faith in CW and will also pull there money and sell bitcoinsv.

IMO his whole world is about to come crashing down on him and BitcoinSV and his in court temper tantrums prove it.

Just thought I would give you filers a heads up......Don't get rekt
__________________
-------------TRUMP2020!---------

Last edited by AKRAGE; 06-28-2019 at 06:05 PM.
AKRAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:24 AM   #1686
yuik
Member
 
AKaholic #: 188386
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Cottonwood Heights, Utah
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil cole View Post
You're absolutely correct about that . I'm just still irritated that my kid couldn't figure out how to help me buy some " Bitcoins " when they were $11.47 . You read that right , eleven dollars and forty-seven cents .
Thatís most likely a good thing. The only people I knew buying bitcoins at this price in college were people looking for novel ways to buy drugs and have them shipped to them through the mail.

There wasnít nearly as many wallet clients or easy places to buy it from
Like Coinbase. You had to be really motivated and most people who were didnít seem to be for the speculation purposes.
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:09 PM   #1687
AKRAGE
Censored
 
AKRAGE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159787
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: OR
Posts: 4,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil cole View Post
You're absolutely correct about that . I'm just still irritated that my kid couldn't figure out how to help me buy some " Bitcoins " when they were $11.47 . You read that right , eleven dollars and forty-seven cents .
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
Thatís most likely a good thing. The only people I knew buying bitcoins at this price in college were people looking for novel ways to buy drugs and have them shipped to them through the mail.

There wasnít nearly as many wallet clients or easy places to buy it from
Like Coinbase. You had to be really motivated and most people who were didnít seem to be for the speculation purposes.
There's still several good and stable Alt coins out there that are sub 10$ coins. Today(for the most part) they are worthless trading and adoption wise but 10 years from now that 10$ coin could worth 500$.

Like my first long term investment I bought 30,000 coins at about .017847 USD per coin. Even if those coins are only worth 10$ in 10 years I'm looking at 300,000$ payday off of a 500$ investment....and just look what BTC has accomplished in 10 years....not saying this alt coin investment will be as strong as BTC in 10 years but its not a bad investment if you ask me...even it only goes too 2-4$ per coin its still worth it.

Just have to make sure that investment will stay strong those ten years because out of the 1500 or so cryptos out there less than 5% will considered stable and reliable.

IMO the majority of these Alt coins are just Bankers throughout the world that are trying to get a foothold on the crypto market. Its like they are trying too Dividing and Conquer good coins like BTC, LTC, ETH, by setting up new Crypto's and promoting. It no different then the types that market and promote hard-on pills or weightless supplements.
__________________
-------------TRUMP2020!---------
AKRAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #1688
Pow-ding
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor
 
Pow-ding's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 87380
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The free state of Oklahoma
Posts: 1,187
Default

I have been investing in the stock market mostly for 25+ years. My preferred method of investing has been to buy dividend paying stocks, reinvest the dividends, and hold those stocks long-term. I have one stock I have held for 25+years.

Here is a link to an article that I found quite interesting. The main component of successful dividend investing is time. I was fortunate enough to realize this many years ago, and I now have a really good income from dividends in my retirement.

This may appeal to you.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/427...h-stocks?ifp=0

Added: the comments at the bottom of the article are worth reading.
__________________
watch out

Last edited by Pow-ding; 07-07-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Pow-ding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:37 AM   #1689
remauto1187
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 176620
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: INDIANA (formerly Illinois) Cant imagine why I left there!
Posts: 1,401
Default

Hell im double in. Ive got miners mining and I bought crypto waiting for the 10x+. Ive got 10 Asic miners right now in the basement drawing 800w each at .042 cents per kw/h. Im making money mining ETH and LTC. Then I have 4 mining rigs (GPU's) mining ETH.
__________________
"Its hard to troubleshoot with a dremel tool in your hand you dumbass!"
remauto1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:54 PM   #1690
Mclaughlin
Veteran Member
 
Mclaughlin's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 186391
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,090
Default

China continued its renewed (public) gold-buying spree in May adding another 10 tons of the precious metal to its reserve - the seventh month of buying in a row

The People’s Bank of China raised reserves to 61.94 million ounces in June from 61.61 million a month earlier, according to data on its website on Monday. In tonnage terms, last month’s inflow was 10.3 tons, following the addition of almost 74 tons in the six months through May
Mclaughlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:07 PM   #1691
virgil cole
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 102797
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: two egg
Posts: 7,675
Default

One of my kids college buddies bought a bunch of bitcoins when they were very inexpensive . Like less than 10 bucks or so . He sold them all when they hit 20 grand . He now owns his own home and recently bought a 50 thousand dollar truck . I'm happy for him but it always seems I end up being " a day late and a dollar short " .
virgil cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #1692
Mclaughlin
Veteran Member
 
Mclaughlin's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 186391
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,090
Default

So much volatility in my one stock Eldorado Gold I picked up 3500 shares at the low got in under 60 cents then got hit with a reverse split this was my first stock purchase

This stock is about to hit $8 now has huge volume

I want to sell so bad my Ameritrade is on fire with all my other mining stocks that I have added since my Eldorado buy

Silver is now breaking out now about to roll into the $16 range

The fed has not even cut rates yet this run is going to be insane in the metals market
Mclaughlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (1 members and 6 guests)
Downrange
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles