Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Saigas and VEPRs

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
AcowboyK

AKaholic #: 198368
Location: Some place in indiana near the bean in chicago but close to Indianapolis.
Default Vepr fm-21 side folder to fixed stock?

Is there anyway i can convert my side folder to a fixed stock aside from tracking one down and buying it.?
AcowboyK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

There's definitely a way to do that, but I would not avise that you do. The FM-21 folders are going to be worth a lot of money, simply because we are not getting any more of them and they are very unique.

If you REALLY are dead-set on doing it, send it off to Matt Yeamans. He does excellent work. He'll weld up the rear of the receiver and no one would ever know it was converted from a folder once it's painted.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
AcowboyK

Location: Some place in indiana near the bean in chicago but close to Indianapolis.

So i did right by buying a side folder then? I am sitting here like damn i should have bought the fixed stock but i cant find how to at least replace the triangle and put a regular stock on it.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcowboyK View Post
So i did right by buying a side folder then? I am sitting here like damn i should have bought the fixed stock but i cant find how to at least replace the triangle and put a regular stock on it.
Yes. You did well as far as buying a rifle that will never decrease in value and will only increase substantially. If you really just can't stand the stock on your rifle, you should trade it with someone who has a fixed-stock FM and wants a folder. That would be a good way to get what you want without killing a folder.

Adding a fixed stock to your rifle is not something that can easily be done. You definitely aren't going to run a standard stock without a lot of work on the rifle (trunnion swap, weld up old holes, etc.). There may be a M4 adapter that will work on your rifle. I am not 100% sure, but I believe there are some that are meant for the VEPR 12 that may work on a FM folder. That's about your only option if you want something other than the factory stock on your rifle.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:17 PM   #5
hartmanart
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 173806
Location: Pennsyltucky, on the front line of the fight for freedom

Heck I'd probably trade even up for my vepr sporter 21 the stock on it is real purdy. I might even give you a shekel or two
Old 03-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #6
Aceshigh
Lord Dingus

AKaholic #: 5008

There is always a way......

However, like Adam already said, it's a bad idea to do it.
Fork out the $$$ for a replacement if you want a solid stock, and put that folder to the side.

A solid stock isn't alot of $$$.
I would assume the Phoenix polymer stocks fit in these, and they were only $30.
I have a drawer full of them as this is what the final years rear converted SAIGA's came with.

Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961
Aceshigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #7
Mike-4

AKaholic #: 166284

Keep the folder. I just sent my fixed stock SGL-31 to Matt Yeamans for get it converted to a folder. Very expensive. Folders are way more desirable in my opinion.
Mike-4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #8
Mike-4

AKaholic #: 166284

Just to clarify, the Russian folder parts are expensive, Matt Yeamans fees are very reasonable.
Mike-4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:57 AM   #9
praxidike
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 191101

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcowboyK View Post
Why? What is the reason why you want a fixed stock instead?
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #10
AcowboyK

Thanks for the info everybody. And apologies for not getting back to you all, long turn shift at work. Praxidike i am not sure actually..as i am reading through these comments i am changing my mind aboutnit i suppose. I really fo like the feel of it, i suppose though if i had to answer it it would be looks and feel. I have 3 sidefolders kp-9, kr-9, and the molot. The kp and kr are very light and feel great. All my other rifles are solid stock so i suppose its just ehat i am use to. I havent put but 60 rnds through it though so maybe i just need to use the damn thing? haha and get a better feel for it?